At the initiative of the École française d’Extrême-Orient, one of BULAC’s historical partners, the “Consortium européen développement durable des ressources électroniques japonaises” (CEDDREJ) was launched in 2008. As mentioned in the first article of the Consortium’s Charter: “The Members agree to form, with, if need be, any other institution wishing to join the same and approved by said Members, a Group entitled "Sustainable development of Japanese electronic resources"”.
Today a community twenty-one partners strong, its perimeter extends beyond just the European Union as it also includes Swiss organizations.
This collaboration aims to provide electronic resources on Japan in addition to the various paper collections of the different partners’ libraries. It also has the goal of negotiating the acquisition of these electronic resources at the best possible price. Since 2008, the Consortium has been able to take out subscriptions to the following databases at a very favourable rate:
- JapanKnowledge: dictionaries and encyclopedias (Kokushi Daijiten 国史大辞典, Nihon Kokugo Daijiten 日本国語大辞典, etc.), but also digitized materials such as Edo Meisho Zue 江戸名所図会, the complete works of classical Japanese literature Nihon Koten Bungaku Zenshū 日本古典文学全集, and many more.
- Kikuzō Visual II: all articles since 1879 from the daily newspaper Asahi Shinbun.
- Yomidasu Rekishikan: all articles since 1874 from the daily newspaper Yomiuri.
For more information and to participate to the consortium, please contact: antony.boussemart [at] efeo.net or ressources-numeriques [at] bulac.fr
- GIP BULAC (BULAC, EFEO, Paris Diderot, EHESS)
- École nationale supérieure de Lyon (IAO)
- Collège de France (IHEJ)
- Universiteit Leiden
- British Library
- University of London (SOAS)
- Université de Lyon 3
- Leeds University
- Bibliothèque nationale de France
- Sheffield University
- Cambridge University
- Universität Zürich
- Manchester University
- Newcastle University
- Oxford University
- Lunds Universitet
- Edinburgh University
- Universität Wien
- KU Leuven
- Université de Genève
- Universiteit Gent
- University of Cardiff
- East Asia Resource Library, Faculty of social science, University of Ljubljana